Treasures of pre-cinema history
The magic lantern
Cinematographs for 35 mm horizontal film
The first cinematograph offered by the Bing brothers in their 1898 catalogue, three years after the first film screenings in 1895. Interestingly, it was not one of their own models, but a bought-in model from the workshop of Kraus, Mohr & Co. in Nuremberg. In 1898 it was obviously not yet clear whether vertical or horizontal film would prevail.
Kinematograph No. 323/2
Carette supplied the famous Paris department store "Au Bon Marché" with the cinematograph, as can be seen from the label on the ornate box.